Saturday, March 27, 2010

Don't, Not and No

Just this week, I was having a conversation with one of my clients who have finished their coaching with me and we were talking about something I shared with her in her last two sessions.  It stems from the Law Of Attraction by Michael Losier(http://www.lawofattractionbook.com.au/).  I will never forget the day I was first introduced to Michael's version of Law of Attraction.  See, I had watched 'The Secret' and attempted to read the book.  To me it all sounded very positive.  I just didn't know how to put it into practice completely in my life.  Then a friend invited me to join her at a breakfast with Michael Losier.  One of the first things he spoke about was removing don't, not and no from your vocabulary.  The reason behind this is that if you are using those words either in your 'out loud' talk or your self talk, you are focusing on the things you don't want in your life, therefore because that's what you're focusing on, that's what you are getting more of.
I remember leaving and driving over the Chevron Island bridge and suddenly being aware of all the times I had said don't, not and no in the last few minutes.  That day for me was a big wake up call.  The number of times I used those words was incredible and I would have said beforehand that I was a fairly positive person.
Of course he went on to explain that once you are aware of it you then have the opportunity to turn it around into a positive by asking yourself "So what do I want?".  The answer to this is of course the positive and for me, it is always what I should be putting my energies into.
My client said this also changed her life in a matter of days.  Once she knew about this, she too listened to how many times she said those words and when she did say them she asked herself "So what do I want" and she began thinking about how she wanted her life to be instead of how she didn't want it to be.
It was really great to be reminded of this.  I think over the last few weeks I had become a bit negative again.  I have been focusing on my son's ill health rather than focusing on the fact that he is getting healthier each day.  I have been focusing on the things around the house that I haven't done and the goals that I haven't been working towards instead of being grateful for what I have been able to achieve and being grateful for whatever progress I have made each day even if it is only one thing.  I can see as I type this, this is a common theme for me.  Perhaps it is for you too. 
Speaking with my client was just the reminder I needed for my life too.  No matter how many times you read, hear of speak about positive things, even if it's the same thing, it is always just what you need at that moment.  Thank you universe.  Surround youself with positive people and soak in their vibration at every opportunity.

No comments: