Friday, January 29, 2010

No Posts?

I've have been busy sorting a few things out for my son over the last couple of days and I have been thinking "Well what action have I taken toward my goals?  What can I record?".  A bit of background.  My son has been sick since, well, last week really.  It got extremely bad on Monday, to the point where he couldn't get off the couch.  Monday and Tuesday were spent laying low as he really didn't want me out of his sights.  So then, when he couldn't go to school on Wednesday we set off on a path of discovery to attempt to get some answers a) about his health and b) about some issues that had been on his mind about school.
So that's what I've been busy doing.  Spent a lot of time lying with my son doing what I normally would call 'nothing'.  Then, I saw it from a different perspective.  One of my goals this year is to spend positive time with family and friends.  I have just spent 5 full days on this goal.  In the past, I probably would have cussed and been unhappy at spending 5 days not really being able to work or do anything that I would normally do.  With a change on perspective that this challenge has bought about for me, I have found I have really embraced this time with my son and been more loving (which is of course what he needs to heal) with him and far more patient than I ever thought I was.  So, although I can't record this in my journal with a photo (even though I have plenty of doctor's receipts and an x-ray to include) I still have been diligently and lovingly been working towards my goals.  Does this ring any bells with you?

No comments: