Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Domestic Goddess!

After our cleaning lady resigned, I decided to keep the same routines. Before, I dedicated Tuesdays to my business, now I take the day off to clean, etc. Etc today consisted of cooking my husband a beautiful fresh healthy lunch (cos he feels like he's coming down with something & can't bring himself to have a green smoothie) and cooking meals for one of my fellow volunteers who is having chemotherapy & radiation treatment 5 days a week at present. I am a little surprised at how rewarding my day feels already as I am definitely NOT a lover of cleaning and as for a lavish lunch for my hubby, well let's just say he better not get used to it!
Oh, and I created a new family recipe. Here it is:
Sausage Pasta
6 or 7 sausages(I used chicken)
A tin of tomato soup
1 onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup of chicken stock
1 small-medium zucchini, finely grated
1/4 cup tomato paste
Cooked pasta to serve
Brown the sausages. Remove from pan and slice into thin rounds. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is clear, return sausages to the pan along with zucchini and sauté until zucchini wilts. Add tomato paste and combine. Tip in tin of soup and enough stock to make your desired consistency. Simmer until sausages are cooked through. Serve with cooked pasta.
Here is what it looked like:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: